MagnaClean filters explained
MagnaClean filters are some of the most popular in the heating industry. If you’re unsure whether or not you need one, to cut a long story short, every heating system should be fitted with a boiler filter.
How MagnaClean’s Work
MagnaClean is a brand owned by Adey. Adey filters have been developed over decades and are now used in more than two million homes in the UK.
Many council boiler installation contracts now specify that every home is to be fitted with a MagnaClean to prolong the life of the heating system.
The boiler filter works to remove iron oxide from the system. These metals mainly come from internal rust from radiators.
The longer the system is unprotected, the bigger the problem becomes. Sludge build up can lead to radiators not heating up correctly and will travel through the boiler and can cause more problems to the boiler which is more expensive to fix.
If you have problems such as:
- Radiators heating up at the top but not at the bottom
- The pump on the boiler has started to leak
- Central heating system is noisy
- Radiators don’t heat up at all
These are common signs of sludge build up, and a system filter could have helped to protect your heating system.
A MagnaClean filter can help to remove these problems. Unfortunately, the MagnaClean filter is a preventative measure.
Ideally a filter is installed on all new heating systems. Filters are then cleaned out with every annual boiler service (ask your engineer to include a filter clean).
Benefits of a MagnaClean Filter
Installing any filter onto your heating system is going to be better than having none at all.
Here’s how a Magnaclean filter can help:
- Protect your heating system on an ongoing basis.
- Removing radiator sludge from your system can reduce heating bills by as much as 6%.
- Maintenance costs by removing this sludge are then reduced by over 30%.
- Increase the life of your whole central heating system.
- No running costs whatsoever.
- Reduce the carbon emission produced by your heating system.
If you think you need a MagnaClean filter fitting, call us to book in an appointment today on 01915226097 or email email@example.com.